Friday, May 21, 2010

It Begins

Well hello, I didn't see you there. So for the Stetson Bonner Summer of Service we're supposed to keep a blog and blog once a week about our experiences. So, here is my first blog post. It's Friday night, May 21st, 2010 and tomorrow morning I'll be leaving on a journey to the Bonner Foundation for the national internship. It's a 16 hour drive and I've just packed the car. Well, if you know me, I sold my car - my beloved 1986 Nissan 300zx - a while ago and somewhat out of necessity and because it fit the bill I picked up this little bad boy

Yup. It's small but all of my stuff is packed in and we'll start the trip tomorrow! I'm stopping halfway at the suggestion that I wouldn't be able to make it in one stint (we'll see about that the way back!) so I'll be in NJ by mid Sunday. I guess I'll be getting there, unpacking, finding out where I'm working, sleeping, and then starting work Monday morning. Talk about hitting the ground running - we already have stuff to do! Anyway, I'll probably update from the road when I stop to stretch or something, later.

No comments:

Post a Comment