Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I think New Jersans created their roadways in effort to confuse any and all newcomer to this state so that no one stays here. Really. Every time I find the exit I need, or the "jug handle" I have to make my proper non-left turn in, it's never correct. And every highway leads to another highway. And I swear the whole North, East, South, West is completely invalid here. I feel like I'm constantly going left. which I thought was East, but is actually West, but I have no idea what way it actually is. And to top that off, it's illegal to turn left here! This all leaves me completely confused and asking my iPhone for directions to simply get off the road I live on (no, really). And the iPhone seems to have an affinity for telling "oh by the way, you're currently driving through A FOREST!!!!!" when in fact I'm not.
This isn't actually Jersey, but it should be:

Yeah, I know you shouldn't start a sentence with "and", and I know that I did a few times above that photo, but this driving puts my unadultered fury over proper grammar. Truthfully, I drove home nice and slow today and the ride wasn't bad at all (granted, it was 1.5hrs to go 23 miles), but I'm going to attempt to leave here at 7:30am to get to my job maybe 5 minutes early tomorrow. So here I am, going to sleep at 11ish and waking up at probably 6:30 to the bird that wakes up outside my window at 5:51 every morning. I feel like I've aged 198,974 years in three days!

Also, almost ran out of gas on the highway of stoplights today..which has walls on both sides. I'm 73.8% sure that if I were to run out of gas there I would just be kicked out of New Jersey. There would be no trial, no assistance, just a man pointing his finger in WHATEVER DIRECTION you take to leave Jersey. Maybe that would be helpful, because I don't know what direction that is.

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow they should have a holographic caption under that sign that says "We've found purgatory. And it is in New Jersey."

    ReplyDelete