Sunday, July 18, 2010

Making New Friends

So today was a big day! Firstly, sorry about not updating lately. Work has been, well, work. And not super exciting. We finished national reviews and blahblahblah. Second, SEE INCEPTION. If you do one thing in the next week, go see that movie. it's absolutely amazing. Amazzziinnngg!  Ok, let's get to the fun stuff. 
   So, I saw Inception Friday night (once again: awesome), and basically just did errands, a little shopping and whatnot yesterday so that brings us to today. Today I began by going to get some gas. Not exciting right? Well I stopped to get some groceries and when I was walking back to my car I heard this old man yelling my way. I guess he was really yelling for anyone, but no one would stop and help him (I even saw a guy walk to him, and then walk off). Realizing that this motorist was hailing me, I walked over to the guy, who had an oxygen mask/thing in his nose, and he tells me his car stalled. So he asks if I can push the car for him, which I did, and then tried to pay me, which was crazy so I said no, and then he went on his way. How in the world do you walk by a guy in an oxygen mask asking for help? Definitely gave me something to think about all day. Anyway now the adventure starts. In the afternoon we went down to Jersey Shore to attempt to get some tan on.
And this was definitely the Jersey Shore that you see in the hit MTV show. Take a moment and create a picture of what you would expect that to look like..ok yeah, so it looked exactly like that. Anyway, so I'm laying there getting my Snookie (tan) on and there's this amusing group of  'guidos' behind us. They were having hilarious conversations such as "MY MOM JUST CALLED SHOULD I CALL HER BACK!?" and "I KNEW SHE WAS A YANKEES FAN! I KNEW IT MAN SHE'S FROM SOUTH JOISEY!" Anyway, I digress, as I was lying there, minding my own business, the leader of this pack walks over to me and quaintly says "Hey dere, lemme get a pikcha with da tannest man on da beach!" (IE me. I'm not tan.) I reply "of course". So I stand up, and his friend clicks a picture of us and the original guy goes "Freddy Tan! (me) Hey Freddy Tan come meet my friends." Of course I obliged him and walked over to the pack of party-goers and was promptly introduced as "Fred Tan, the tannest guy in Belmar! This is the next star of Jersey Shore!" So I meet all of this guy, "Bobby"'s friends and take pictures with them all - because I'm an alien to them - and Bobby says "Let's go meet some girls, Fred!"
   At that, Bobby takes me on a tour of the beach meeting people, introducing me as "The Next Jersey Shore Star" and taking pictures with everyone we met. I decided to go with it and tell everyone I was "Snowflake", the opposite of Snookie, and to look for me on the next season. A few people actually jumped up and took photos with me too! Haha. I think the best quote to come from my campaign as Fred Tan was when Bobby asked a girl, who was laying with her boyfriend, if she 'wanted' me: "You want Fred Tan? No? Well, baby, what's Freddy Tan spelled backwards? BOBBY!!".
    After my run at stardom on the beach, Bobby and I went back to his group of friends where I was invited to go clubbing with them and meet more people. Bobby and his friends decided to start playing volleyball next so we parted ways and I went back to my little piece of the beach. A few times Bobby called me back to "run security" on girls that were walking around his volleyball game. In the picture above, that's Bobby in the red. The whole ordeal was hilarious. They all continued telling me how I was now part of the Jersey Shore and taking photos with me, it was great. Bobby wasn't happy to see me go as he yelled "No shirts for Fred Tan!" But I told him we had to leave and that was the last of Bobby. Man, what a good time.
My new Guido friends:
No big deal, I'm just a Jersey Shore celebrity.

On another note, MTV's The Hills had it's series finale. omgi'msotornuphowcaniliveanymore. Just kidding, this may be the best day ever.

1 comment: